February 6, 2013 —
REGION — How long will the ice last on Ten Mile River?
If the past is any indication, it should remain through the month of February. According to the National Weather Service (NWS), for the years 1986 thorugh 2010, the average high temperature in this region on February 1 is 29.4 degrees Fahrenheit; by February 28, the average rises to 35.5 degrees.
The average low temperature at the beginning of the month is 15.7 degrees, and by the end of the month that rises to 19.8 degrees.
On the first day of the month there are 601 minutes of sunlight during the day, by the last day of the month that figure rises to 672 minutes.
Also according to NWS, during the three-month period beginning in February, there is a 44% chance that temperatures will be above normal, there is a 33% chance that temperatures will be near normal and there is a 23% chance that temperatures will be below normal.