Calls for submission
December 29, 2011 —
Jeff Bank calendar contest
JEFFERSONVILLE, NY — The First National Bank of Jeffersonville (Jeff Bank) seeks photographers interested in submitting up to four color images (preferably depicting the four seasons) for its 2013 calendar. Organized by the Catskill Art Society (CAS), the theme of this year’s contest is “Four Seasons of Nature & Landscapes in Sullivan County, NY.” Contest entry dates are from February 24 to April 20, 2012. All entries must have a completed application form (available at all Jeff Bank branches, online at www.jeffbank.com or by contacting Kathryn@catskillartsociety.org), a maximum of four images in digital, horizontal JPEG format with the largest file size available (preferably 16M or larger) on CD. There is a contest entry fee of $5 payable to CAS. All entries must be delivered to CAS, 48 Main Street, Livingston Manor, NY by April 20, or sent by post to CAS, PO Box 991, Livingston Manor, NY 12758. This is not a postmark deadline. Email Kathryn@catskillartsociety.org or call 845/436-4227.
NARROWSBURG, NY — Alliance Gallery is calling for submissions for solo, group or curated shows in 2013. The Alliance Gallery program priority is to exhibit high quality work by professional and emerging artists who live part-time or full-time in the Mid-Hudson, Catskill or Upper Delaware River regions. All media and styles are considered, as are installations and proposals by curators. There is no submission fee. The deadline for submissions is Friday, January 20, 2012.
Interested artists should submit:
• Ten to 12 images of recent works as jpeg images on CD at 300 dpi, approximately 8"x12," labeled with title or number only. (If your jpegs do not represent the work that you want to show, please describe your concept in a cover letter or proposal.)
• A one-page itemized list corresponding to the numbered slides/jpegs listing the title, medium, date and size of each work.
• A one-page résumé or description of your art background.
• A one-page detailed proposal if your work is of a conceptual nature; or, if you are a curator, a proposal describing the curatorial concept, accompanied by support materials (i.e. images, résumés, etc.).
• A self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of any materials.
Send to Alliance Gallery, PO Box 170, Narrowsburg, NY 12764. Visit ArtsAllianceSite.org or call 845/252-7576.