Kerhonkson electrocuted in camper
On Wednesday, July 24, 2013, the New York State Police at Ellenville responded to an Ulster County 911 report of a subject that had been electrocuted in the Town of Rochester NY.
State Police responded to the area of Schwabbie Turnpike in Kerhonkson, NY and found JOHN A LASOSKI, age 53, unconscious. Members of the Kerhonkson/Accord Rescue Squad administered life saving measures and transported Lasoski to Ellenville Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The investigation revealed that a large tree had fallen across the roadway and had taken down the power lines in its path. The fallen power lines had energized a camper that Lasoski was in. When he exited the camper, he touched a metal support, causing a ground, which then electrocuted him.
The State Police were assisted at the scene by Accord Fire Dept and Kerhonkson/Accord Rescue Squad.