Update from SUNY Sullivan
November 1, 2012 —
The fallout from Hurricane Sandy continues to affect our campus, and the following bullet points are the most recent information from administration. These include the cancellations of highly advertised events that would have been held this coming weekend.
- All classes and campus activities are cancelled through the weekend, and are scheduled to resume on Monday, November 5th.
- The "Green Building Maintenance & Management" class (Hudson Valley Educational Consortium) scheduled for today, November 1st is cancelled.
- The "College Day" event scheduled for campus on Friday, November 2nd has been cancelled.
- The "Tour Day" event scheduled for Saturday, November 3rd has been cancelled.
- The residential facilities are scheduled to reopen on Sunday, November 4th, at 12:00 noon.
- Campus offices are currently open during regular business hours.
The college is maintaining a special Hurricane Sandy Update page on its website (http://www.sunysullivan.edu/closings/Hurricane_Sandy_Alerts.php). All present alerts are posted there, and future alerts will be kept current there as decisions are made by administration. The college is requesting students stay connected for updated information via their campus email accounts, the college website, and the school's official facebook and Twitter accounts.
Further, the college's Paul Gerry Fieldhouse is functioning as a Red Cross shelter for Sullivan County, where more than 40 people were provided for last night.