This map shows the areas included in the Narrowsburg Master Plan, created by architect Buck Moorehead and a committee. The plan hopes to make Narrowsburg more pedestrian friendly, as shown by the walkways depicted by the dotted line in this photo.
Contributed graphic taken from the Narrowsburg Master Plan
Flats river access
Create a public river access on the Flats. Consider promoting Ten Mile River as town swimming beach.
1. Create an atmosphere and physical environment that encourages and reinforces pedestrian activity within the hamlet area, with the understanding that this high quality pedestrian experience will improve the quality of life for Tusten residents, as well visitors to the town, thereby creating potential economic benefits and economic growth within the town.
2. Develop greater parking capacity within the hamlet area
3. Develop more locations for potential commercial and light manufacturing/industrial development to occur
4. Define and develop the town center, incorporating municipal, civic and cultural functions.
5. Develop renewable energy strategies for the hamlet area
6. Integrate the hamlet and town within larger scale regional movement systems, including mass transportation and hiking trails.
7. Integrate the hamlet and town within larger scale regional ecological and economic systems, including flood mitigation, climate- change mitigation and adaptation, and economic strategies that reinforce agriculture and tourism related to the region’s natural resources.