Deerpark state of emergency, voluntary evacuations urged
August 26, 2011 —
DECLARATION OF STATE OF EMERGENCY
I, KARL A. BRABENEC, SUPERVISOR, of the TOWN OF DEERPARK, pursuant to Article 2-B, Section 24 of the New York State Executive Law, hereby certify as follows: Due to the impending forecast regarding Hurricane Irene, there exists the potential in the Town of Deerpark for SEVERE FLOODING INCIDENTS THROUGHOUT THE TOWN AND HEAVY WINDS CAUSING POWER INTERRUPTIONS.
Therefore, as Supervisor of the Town of Deerpark, I declare that a local State of Emergency will be in effect as of Saturday, August 27, 2011, 10:00 pm until further notice.
Karl A. Brabenec
Supervisor, Town of Deerpark
Director, Deerpark Emergency Management
Pursuant to this STATE OF EMERGENCY, I hereby order the following:
1. The presence of unauthorized persons in unauthorized areas are prohibited.
2. The ingress and egress of unauthorized vehicles is prohibited.
3. The Deerpark Emergency Operations Center will be activated either Saturday, August 27th or Sunday, August 28th. Date and time of activation will be announced at a later time and depending on the conditions and severity of the pending storm. The EOC can be reached at 845-856-3911.
4. Residents are highly recommended to voluntarily evacuate from the following areas:
Lower Route 209 area (by Hobson Road),
Sleepy Hollow and Rivers Edge Road.
5. Orders are subject to revision upon demand.