The thriving location where all these activities will occur is seeing additional growth with the opening of two businesses adjacent to the gallery that will sell wine and local foods and gifts, a new antiques shop and the relocation of the Turner Real Estate office.
Just down Route 97 behind the River Market, the Barryville Farmers Market is also expanding, with the addition of a monthly educational series titled “Farmers Teach,” which will take place at 11 a.m. on select dates. The market will also feature special community performances including NACL Theatre’s family play, “The Little Farm Show,” on August 13 at 12 noon. The market is held on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For information about the Artisan Fair contact Aragon at manager@brookhouse or call 845/456-0066.
The Artisan Fair will take place from noon to 7 p.m. on each of the following dates, and will coincide with the openings listed here.
• May 28, A fashion performance by Daria Dorosh’s Fashion Lab in Process and Gregory G. Shott, featuring Sustainable Fashions by Local Designers, 3 p.m.; opening for a collaboration featuring pottery by Kim Lust and paintings by John Tomlinson, 4 to 7 p.m.
• June 18, “Designing Women” featuring fiber designs by Laurie Stuart, mixed media designs by Yvonne Parker and rug designs by Liza Phillips, 4 to 7 p.m.
• July 2, “Bird Show” featuring paintings on wood by resident artist David Bush and wood work by John Perella, 4 to 7 p.m.
• August 13, “Oracle Show” featuring steel sculptures by Janet Rutkowski and mixed media by Danniel Saint Laurent, 4 to 7 p.m.
• September 3, “Mixed Media Show” featuring sculptures and music by Walter Kenul and mixed media by Richard Human, 4 to 7 p.m.
• October 8, “Sculpture Show” featuring sculptures by Tom Holmes and mixed media by Rick Webber, 4 to 7 p.m.