Are you sure you want to eat that?
• Avoid all processed foods. Be sure to read labels. If you can’t pronounce it, don’t buy it.
• Buy organic everything. Some people balk at the cost. But remember, you’re feeding your precious body.
• Cook! Buy fresh foods and prepare them yourself. No additives except savory spices and herbs.
• Fast food? You’ve got to be kidding.
• Shop local, and did I mention shop organic?
For more information, google Nena Baker, author of “The Body Toxic: How the Hazardous Chemistry of Everyday Things Threatens Our Health and Well-Being.” For a comprehensive list of common food additives, visit nutritiondata.self.com/topics/food-additives .