Few clouds
Few clouds
64.4 °F
July 04, 2015
River Reporter Facebook pageTRR TwitterRSS Search

Narrowsburg

Salon Series: Rick and Donna Nestler

March 3, 2013

A "Salon Series" of concerts opens with Rick and Donna Nestler performing Irish music and folk songs at the Delaware Arts Center's Krause Recital Hall, 2pm. Admission: $10. Visit www.ArtsAllianceSite.org or call 845/252-7576.

Exhibit: 'APH•O•RISMS'

February 23, 2013

“APH•O•RISMS,” a mixed media group exhibition opening reception at the Alliance Gallery, 2-4pm. Free and open to the public. Show runs until March 16. Visit www.ArtsAllianceSite.org or call 845/252-7576.

Film Screening: 'The Collector of Bedford Street'

March 9, 2013

Sponsored by SullivanArc for Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month at Delaware Valley Arts Alliance in The Gloria Krause Recital Hall, 1pm. Visit www.sullivanarc.org or call 845/796-1350 ext. 1050.

Exhibit: 'Expressions 2013'

March 9, 2013

Opening reception for "Expressions 2013," an art exhibit by people with developmental disabilities by SullivanArc at Delaware Valley Arts Alliance, LOFT Gallery, 2-4pm. Free and open to the public. Visit www.sullivanarc.org or call 845/796-1350 ext. 1050.

Presentation on reservoir releases scheduled

A presentation on a proposal to relieve thermal stress on the cold-water fisheries of the Upper Delaware will be made at the Tuesday, February 19 meeting of the Upper Delaware Council’s (UDC) Water Use and Resource Management Committee (WURM), 7 p.m. at 211 Bridge St. The public is welcome.  Read more

The fifth bridge at the ‘narrows’

The first bridge to cross the Delaware River at Narrowsburg, NY was a toll bridge built in 1832. Ice reportedly took out this bridge, which was followed by construction of another in 1846, only to see it washed out in a flood. The third bridge at the narrows was a covered bridge, built in 1848, and it lasted more than 50 years.

In 1899, the first metal bridge was built. It was made of iron and lasted until the present metal bridge with its steel arches and metal grate was built in 1953.

A number of present-day residents remember the old iron bridge.  Read more

Narrowsburg Bridge single lane through 2015; Emergency repairs to begin soon

The weight limit for the bridge that spans the Upper Delaware River at Narrowsburg has been lowered in the wake of an inspection that was carried out in November 2012.  Read more

Tusten mulls demolition law

The Tusten Town Board, at a public hearing on January 14, tackled the difficult question of a demolition law, touching on the subjects of what is considered an abandoned building and when a building should be deemed unsafe.  Read more

Cold enough for good ice

Unlike last year, the weather has been cold enough to form ice on most bodies of water in the region, including the Big Eddy in the Upper Delaware River, where a trio of ice fisherman traveled onto the ice on January 28.  Read more

Love Letters of the Upper Delaware

February 15, 2013

A reading of love letters past and present at the Narrowsburg Branch of the Western Sullivan Public Library, 7-8pm. 845/252-3360.

Syndicate content