Ken DeAngelis and Julie Ziavras acoustic duo will perform an entertaining program of well known and original acoustic folk music with storytelling, Krause Recital Hall, Delaware Arts Center, 2pm. Admission: $10. 845/252-7576.
While no resolution has been made concerning the Narrowsburg fireworks, steps have been taken to reach a final decision. At a town board meeting on February 12, councilman Anthony Ritter read a report from the fireworks committee detailing those steps. Read more
At a meeting of the Water Use and Resource Management Committee of the Upper Delaware Council (UDC) on February 19, Columbia Professor Emeretis Peter Kolesar of New York City and Eldred, and Jim Serio of Hancock presented a proposal to relieve thermal stress on trout in the coldwater fisheries of the Upper Delaware by releasing precisely targeted pulses from the reservoirs (see information box below for details). Read more
A "Salon Series" of concerts opens with Rick and Donna Nestler performing Irish music and folk songs at the Delaware Arts Center's Krause Recital Hall, 2pm. Admission: $10. Visit www.ArtsAllianceSite.org or call 845/252-7576.
“APH•O•RISMS,” a mixed media group exhibition opening reception at the Alliance Gallery, 2-4pm. Free and open to the public. Show runs until March 16. Visit www.ArtsAllianceSite.org or call 845/252-7576.
Sponsored by SullivanArc for Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month at Delaware Valley Arts Alliance in The Gloria Krause Recital Hall, 1pm. Visit www.sullivanarc.org or call 845/796-1350 ext. 1050.
Opening reception for "Expressions 2013," an art exhibit by people with developmental disabilities by SullivanArc at Delaware Valley Arts Alliance, LOFT Gallery, 2-4pm. Free and open to the public. Visit www.sullivanarc.org or call 845/796-1350 ext. 1050.
A presentation on a proposal to relieve thermal stress on the cold-water fisheries of the Upper Delaware will be made at the Tuesday, February 19 meeting of the Upper Delaware Council’s (UDC) Water Use and Resource Management Committee (WURM), 7 p.m. at 211 Bridge St. The public is welcome. Read more
The first bridge to cross the Delaware River at Narrowsburg, NY was a toll bridge built in 1832. Ice reportedly took out this bridge, which was followed by construction of another in 1846, only to see it washed out in a flood. The third bridge at the narrows was a covered bridge, built in 1848, and it lasted more than 50 years.
In 1899, the first metal bridge was built. It was made of iron and lasted until the present metal bridge with its steel arches and metal grate was built in 1953.
A number of present-day residents remember the old iron bridge. Read more
The weight limit for the bridge that spans the Upper Delaware River at Narrowsburg has been lowered in the wake of an inspection that was carried out in November 2012. Read more